As of Monday November 23, Ontario is moving Toronto and Peel public health unit regions into lockdown based on the Keeping Ontario Safe and Open Framework. The Ontario government made the announcement on Friday, November 20.
We want to confirm that the College of Chiropractors of Ontario (CCO) have permitted chiropractors in these regions to remain open and practice virtual and in-person care, while continuing to follow PPE and patient safety precautions currently in place.
A similar announcement was made by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario permitting massage therapists to remain open in clinics.
If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact us at 416-756-3833 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to continue to take care of your health needs during these challenging times.
Dr. Rick, Dr. Eric & the Staff @ Bridlewood Chiropractic Centre
YEAR END HEALTH INSURANCE BENEFITS
This has been a year to remember (or forget) for many reasons, however as 2020 comes to a close, your health insurance benefits also end. As in most cases there is no carry over and once they’re gone, they’re gone. They are part of your employee package to be used to keep you happier and healthier. Think of it as Health Reassurance that you can make as part of your lifestyle.
People may want to check on their health and lifestyle through a Chiropractic evaluation, have a massage done to address poor computer postures or get evaluated for orthotics to correct the kinetic chain from poor foot mechanics.
If you have any questions about your insurance, we can help to explain what they will or will not cover.
11 DAY SHREDDER
For many people, this pandemic has been a struggle to eat properly. With the added stress and inactivity there has been a new term, the “COVID 10” (average weight gain at just over 10 pounds) or some have used the “Quarantine 15”. Either way, we want to start taking control of this for better health. To make changes we must start from the inside-out. Of course you know my mantra: “What are you doing 80-90% of the time? Because this is what will form your Health”.
This 11-Day Shredder Program will help to jump start that change as we approach the holidays. It is basically an accelerated format of the Intermittent Fasting, Detox and Weight Control program that I use in the clinic and as part of my own lifestyle. This addresses the chemical stress (nutrition and toxicity) that affects our bodies and minds. It begins Monday December 7th through to the 18th, please contact me to join our group.
I have been using this program for 14 years in my personal life and also for my clients. It has been an amazing adjunct with what I do as a Health Care Practitioner and we have seen some incredible health and physical transformations! We look forward to helping you achieve your own health goals with this program.
The cost for the program is only the cost of the products. I will be coaching you throughout the program and there is a 30-day money back guarantee if you are not satisfied.
Please call 416-756-3833 or email me at email@example.com and type SHRED in the subject line.
ZOOM INTO HEALTH CARE!
Our monthly Health Care Workshops have been adapted as we navigate through this new normal, and find a way to still provide the education and information to all of you, so that you can benefit from a proactive lifestyle. We use to hold classes in our clinic after work, however with the number restrictions on gatherings and being in an enclosed environment, we look to new ways to discuss lifestyle habits that will help potentiate your health.
We have started a ZOOM format on Tuesday nights at 7:30 pm E.T. to allow people time in the evenings to attend. Our next workshop will be on Tuesday December 1st at 7:30-8:30 pm ET.
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-756-3833 to let me know that you would like to attend. I will also be asking all of our new clients, as it is part of their care. Again, there is no cost and you are also welcome to invite family members and friends.
90/90 HIP STRETCH EXERCISE
This is a stretch that I have been working on myself over the summer. It is definitely a work in progress from a guy that cannot sit cross-legged on the floor comfortably. Probably from the years of running and sports and ignoring this aspect of my hips.
The hips have internal and external rotator muscles that allow the leg to glide back and forth in your hip socket, but since it is not a regular lever like your elbow, it has rotator muscles that hold it in place from the sides versus just front to back. As a result, their stretch requires this rotation at their limits to benefit from their flexibility. Otherwise you get stuck like me and people gather around taking bets to see how long you can last as you to attempt to sit on the floor cross legged because you are the Best Man of a Muslim wedding.
To practice this stretch, follow this illustration and instruction from http://www.experiencelife.com.
Purpose: Builds and maintains range of motion in the hips, and prepares joints for challenging strength-training and athletic movements like squats, deadlifts, and jumps.
How to Do It:
- Sit on the floor with your feet flat and your knees bent.
- Turn your body 90 degrees to the right, dropping your knees so that the outside of your right knee and the inside of your left knee are touching the floor. (This is the 90–90 position: The thighs form a 90-degree angle, and each knee is bent 90 degrees.)
- Rotate your torso to the right so that your right thigh is on the floor directly in front of you (position 1).
- Keeping your back straight, hinge forward at your hip joints until you feel a deep stretch in the muscles surrounding your right hip (2). Hold for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Come back to an upright position and rotate your shoulders to the left so you are facing your left leg. Hold for 30 to 60 seconds (3).
- Keeping your right leg planted, extend the toes of your left foot and lift your left knee. Forcefully contract your left glute, lifting your leg and opening your left knee as far to the left as you can; this is a RAIL stretch (4). Hold for a five-count.
- Lower the inside of your left knee back to the floor in front of you, then hinge the left knee back and forth three times, contracting your left glute for a five-count each time (5).
- Open your left knee to the left once more. Hold the middle position — legs splayed wide, the outside edges of the feet on the floor — for 15 seconds, squeezing the glutes so that your knees press closer toward the floor (6). This is also a RAIL stretch.
- Keeping your feet on the floor, rotate your body so you are sitting in the 90–90 position on the left side.
- Repeat the entire sequence on this side
Illustrations by Kveta