Desmond Fan, RMT
We’d like to introduce to you our Registered Massage Therapist, Desmond Fan. He came highly recommended by our previous therapist, Fiona Caldwell, as she actually trained him at the Royal Canadian College of Massage where she was teaching.
He is a retired Paramedic after 32 years in the profession. He is a marathon paddler, Dragon Boat competitor, hockey goalie and avid gardener. He is also a musician and plays French horn, bassoon and euphonium.
- Registered Massage Therapy Diploma – Royal Canadian College of Massage – February of 2013
- Paramedic for City of Toronto 1986 – 2018
- Registration with College of Massage Therapists of Ontario since July 2013.
- Ambulance and Emergency Care Diploma, Centennial College 1986
- Bachelor of Science, University of Toronto 1985
What is Massage Therapy?
It is the manipulation of the soft tissue of the body to gain therapeutic response. Soft tissue includes muscles, skin and connective tissue, tendons, ligaments and membranes. The stretching and loosening of soft tissues and the increased circulation of the blood and lymph result in the removal of waste products and increased oxygen and nutrient supply to body’s cells and tissues. The overall effect is reduced pain and increased range of motion in stiff joints. Treatments can be anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.
Please call our office to book an appointment time with Des.